Play, Games and GamificationApril 23, 2015
What is the Real Innovation of Lean Thinking?September 6, 2015
Setting a new standard in workspace innovation
Condition: Leaders must ensure that meaning and purpose are disseminated throughout the organization so that everyone knows their role and embraces the collective goals.
- Promote the debate and a freethinking mind-set
- Encourage multiple views and contributions
- Expose the knowledge from the most qualified people
- Allow people getting to know each other
- Bring up hidden talent
- Encourage people to curiously question assumptions
- Invite a process of collecting and expressing emotions
- Increase the willingness to take risks
- Assume that at least one potential solution is better than the existing ones
- Use interdisciplinary approaches
- Overcomes obstacles: e.g. too risky, too odd, not meeting our processes
- Build consensus, get everyone on the same page
- Help to adopt a common language
- Allow effective insight gathering
- Encourage more quality participation
- Promote bottom-up introduction of new methods and processes
- Generate fresh insights without typical filters and dogmas
- Combine creativity (divergence) with discipline (convergence)
- Adopt very early, low fidelity and fast prototype
- Explore and communicate potential solutions with prototypes
- Build more empathy and engagement with users
- Leverage direct customer feedback
- Understand how value can be co-created with customers
- Encourage peer and customer feedback loops
- Gamify only the practices that make sense
- Overcome innovation key killers: arrogance and complacency
Innovation leaders should master on a continuous basis the relationship between core business incremental innovation and the entrepreneur sprit across or outside the core business.
I will be happy to discuss further ideas!
You can follow me on Twitter or company Website.